What is SGE? Trend Report For Marketers
Google’s new Search Generative Experience (SGE) is making waves, and it’s got some of you feeling a little blue. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! In this issue of our trend report, we’ll be taking a humorous look at the impact of SGE on marketing, and we’ll also share some tips on how you can stay ahead of the curve. Time to strap in and get this party started! That being said, what is SGE, to begin with?
Search Generative Experience is a key component of Google’s conversational AI system called Bard. SGE is the “brain” inside Bard, allowing it to have more conversational and comprehensive responses than traditional Search. According to Google, the purpose of SGE is to “help you take some of the work out of searching, so you can understand a topic faster, uncover new viewpoints and insights, and get things done more easily.”
Google describes SGE as a “dense representation of world knowledge” – essentially a huge collection of encoded information from the internet and books that Google’s Bard can tap into as context for its responses. It’s been trained on dialogue data to help Bard understand and respond naturally to conversational prompts and questions. The name makes it sound like some top-secret, high-tech government project! But it’s just Google’s fancy name for their AI conversation model.
Google Bard’s Areas of Impact
- Boost customer service: Bard could handle common customer service queries, freeing up human agents for more complex issues.
- Automate data analysis: Sift through reams of data to pull customized insights for business decision-making. We don’t recommend trusting generative AI completely, but it can help speed things up.
- Create content: Generate blog posts, social captions, and other marketing content based on a few prompt keywords. But remember, Search Engines prefer human-generated content, so don’t rely on AI for everything. You can’t go wrong with producing original and unique content, especially when everyone else sounds like a robot… 🤖
- Optimize workflows: Use conversational cues to recommend ways to improve business processes and workflows. SGE can be a great resource for sparking unique and creative ideas to implement in your day-to-day business operations.
- Conduct market research: Quickly poll customers and analyze sentiment on new products, features, or campaigns.
Marketing Trends to Move On Now
Here are some trends to improve on now so your content doesn’t get lost in the SGE wave:
- Use personal pronouns: This makes your ad copy sound more like you’re a real person rather than a faceless corporation. For example, instead of saying, “Our product can help you save money,” say, “You can save money with our product.”
- Use conversational language: Avoid using jargon or technical terms that your audience might not understand. Instead, use simple, everyday language that people can relate to.
- Tell stories: People love stories, so using them in your ad copy can help you connect with your audience on a deeper level. For example, you could tell a story about how your product helped someone solve a problem or achieve a goal.
- Use humor: A little bit of humor can go a long way in making your ad copy more engaging and memorable. Just ensure the humor is relevant to your product or service and doesn’t offend anyone.
- Use a strong call to action: Tell your audience what you want them to do, whether it’s clicking on a link, visiting your website, or making a purchase. The clearer and more concise your call to action is, the more likely people are to take it.
- Use visuals: Images and videos can break up your ad copy and make it more visually appealing. They can also help to illustrate your points and make your ad more memorable.
- Use testimonials: Testimonials from real customers can be a powerful way to build trust and credibility with your audience. When people see that other people have been satisfied with your product or service, they’re more likely to be interested in trying it themselves.
- Use social proof: Social proof is any evidence that shows that other people are using and enjoying your product or service. This could include things like customer reviews, ratings, or social media mentions.
- Use scarcity: Creating a sense of urgency helps persuade people to take action. This could involve offering a limited-time discount or telling people that your product is in high demand and won’t be available for long.
- Test and iterate: The best way to find out what works for your audience is to test different ad copy variations. Try different headlines, body copy, and calls to action to see what gets the best results.
- Optimize for SGE: We believe the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) world is about to be shaken to its core. If you’re an SEO expert, consider reading this in-depth article from Search Engine Land. Don’t panic; it’s organic! But we recommend you to adapt and evolve ASAP.
Well, folks, it looks like Google’s new SGE algorithm has marketers shaking in their boots! All the old tricks of stuffy corporate ad copy are on the way out. To survive in this brave new SGE world, we’ll need to channel our inner artists and start getting creative with our content. It’s time to toss out the marketing rulebook and let your personality shine through!
Don’t be afraid to tell that hilarious story about how your product changed someone’s life, or go for a silly pun that would make even Dad proud. Sure, some of your attempts will inevitably fall flat – such is the life of a trailblazing comedian! But with enough testing and optimism, you’ll find a voice that resonates. Who knows, maybe you’ll even go viral with some quirky video or off-the-wall ad concept!
One thing’s for certain – the only way forward is to embrace this change with open arms and a hearty laugh. The future is here, and it sounds like a fun place to be! Our customers are waiting to connect with the real human behind each brand. So shake off those jitters and let that magnificent personality of yours shine! And if you don’t have a personality, go find one or partner with someone who does! This is our time to not only survive, but thrive, baby!
If you found this Trend Report helpful, subscribe to Vavoza Insider now and stay on top of all the latest and most powerful marketing trends and strategies continually.