Trend Update: Follow the Threads App Wave 🌊
There is a saying in business, “If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying,” but learning from others’ mistakes is an opportunity to take in a big rake! And by rake, we don’t just mean money! The new social media platform Threads is Mark Zuckerberg releasing the Kraken on Elon Musk, who might regret ever purchasing Twitter. The goal that they are both fighting for (no pun intended) is more valuable than gold! “What’s that goal?” you may be asking, dear Insider… it’s ATTENTION! Where attention flows, data grows, and so does power & influence.
👉 In this quick trend update, we’ll tell you what you need to know about the Threads app in a nutshell and give you one reason why you want to be riding the waves 🌊 of Threads like a seasoned surfer ASAP. But know one thing, you will own nothing and be happy about it! (Mwaha ha ha ha) Threads is available on Android and iOS, of course, in over 100 countries, but not the UK for now due to regulatory concerns for the time being.
- All the things (Data): Threads is collecting just about everything it can on you, so just be aware from the jump! From Health & Fitness data, financial data, browsing history, and more! So you may want to check yourself before you wreck yourself there.
- Keep above the belt: The Instagram team has spent over $16 million on safety measures and security features so that the Social media hall monitors will be on full alert. And reported users will have rules enforced, so no worries, it will be a “Safe Space!”
- Control your bubble: Keep the bullies at bay and your ex out of your feed with maximum control over how your audience connects with you, your posts, and your audience. These tools will enable “positive and productive conversations,” such as controlling who can mention or reply to you and filtering out specific words.
- No Ramble Zone: Well, unless you can do it in a 5-minute video. Threads allow posts up to 500 characters in length and can include links, photos, and videos up to 5 minutes long. But you can make endless threads into a Thread, so organizing them and finding them again seems promising, unlike yesterday’s Meta or Insta feeds.
- Limbo and New Features: How low can you go? Threads gives your kids under 16 a private profile by default when they join and includes some interesting features like AI-generated image descriptions. And some soon-to-come features include compatibility with the ActivityPub protocol, allowing it to connect with other apps that support the protocol. Can you say Blockchain, perhaps?
The novelty of social media from a proven legacy company definitely has the competition shaking in their boots, but 30 million users in 24 hours can only mean one thing! People are excited to use their ChatGPT accounts to create threads, or they are so over Twitter that it’s a spite download.
👉 In all seriousness, though, it does smell like a fresh opportunity for digital real estate, new connections, and a semi-blue ocean for which marketers will soon bloody. A deep dive may come soon for those who are subscribed to our premium newsletter on winning strategies, so stay tuned and follow the thread!
P.S. If you’re not subscribed to Vavoza Insider yet, scroll down on this page and join us now!
Be A VIP!
– Team Vavoza